View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:06 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Fleece cotton - will she be ill?

Do follow through with what AmityvilleHams said immediately. Also, just keep a close eye on your hamster for the next month and take her to the vet if she's not well. Check if her eyes are bright, ears are perky, etc. See if she continues actively eating, drinking, exercising.

I'd personally not take her to the vet yet if she seems fine because the vet may not be able to detect much if she still seems healthy unless drastic procedures are carried out (seems drastic to me for such a small creature), and it could be very traumatic for her.

Please don't feel like you're a failure, as long as you take steps to improve. You're already trying your best by coming here and asking questions. Everyone messes up but it's really unintentional and you just have to take immediate steps to rectify it. Next time, just remember to do proper research beforehand when a living creature is involved (I didn't too, and am not proud of it, but hopefully I have improved in learning how to care for my hamster). Let's all learn together to provide the best we can for our beloved pets.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote