View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 11:43 PM  
Lau
Newborn Pup

Default Hamster taming issue

Hi!
I have had Tomate for 3 weeks now. The first week he was super scared, running on his wheel as fast as he could go all the time. Second week he was calmer, climbed three times on my hand, took food from me with no issue, he even actively came closer to me several times from quite a distance. Now he has done a 180 turn and is scared worse than at first. He hides all day, comes out only when he feels there is no sound in my room for a few hours (before he came out when it was relatively quiet but didn't take so long) and if he senses me he hides or directly goes underground for the rest of the night but is still awake as I hear squeaking and clicking.
The only thing that happened was that I needed to clean his sandbath and he kept going to bed before I woke up, so I moved the hideout he was sleeping in (which is in the sandbath), changed the sand and plopped it right back in. He came out squeaking all around the cage, super angry, dug a burrow and hasn't acted normal again ever since (that was over 4 days ago).
Do you have an idea on how to make him relax again? He acts scared, distrustful...
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote