View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 10:58 AM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Older hamster not eating his food

Thank you Serendipity I actually just got some science selective for Quigley yesterday. Crushed it up a bit and softened it with water and he was very keen on it, so that’s good. Might try just soaking a few pellets like you suggested in future since I do want to encourage him still to eat hard foods too.

Quigley never liked egg as much as other hamsters I’ve had did. Maybe his opinion has changed though, so I will try it. Porridge too.

Thank you for the heads up about the lemon juice. I will try and get just the peas one, then. Quigley has been having the c&g chicken Sunday lunch babyfood but I thought maybe the protein content wasn’t so good for an older hamster on an ongoing basis.

Couldn’t get an appointment at the vets until the 25th unfortunately. He’s still very happy in himself and eating (albeit only soft foods!) so I don’t think he is in any immediate danger.

Yesterday I did notice that he has some dandruff (he has long fur so it wasn’t obvious until I ruffled up his fur and looked near the skin). I hope that isn’t a sign of anything. He isn’t balding at all despite his age, though.