View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 07:07 AM  
NewbieLinz
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Tank for Hamsters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
Personally I would not be going by those measurements on spruce pets (i think that's who you are referring to?)

Have you seen this thread on the forum
Guide to Buying a Cage

If it helps, measure 60cm x 30 cm out on the floor and work out what you would put where, I am pretty sure by doing that you will soon realise how small that is for a hamster.
My Luna (syrian hamster) was living in a hamster cage 55cm x 38cm when I adopted her, I call it the hamster prison, just one look at a photo a friend sent me of the cage, I could tell it was far too small, it didn't even have room for a proper sized wheel.

I did a video on it, which may help you understand why I am all for the bigger sized cages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9KB...o&index=3&t=0s
Don't get me wrong - I know what you're saying, and completely agree, bigger is better. Like I said, that's the advice I'd normally give someone thinking of setting up a fish tank. I'm not saying I'm getting a cage that small.

That's why I said in my Intro post that I craved the advice of actual hamster keepers - the internet is a minefield of information and disinformation. As someone who's never kept hamsters or any rodents before, it's hard to know what to believe.
NewbieLinz is offline   Reply With Quote