Thread: Run Free Newtie
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:33 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Run Free Newtie

Our dear boy, Newtus Hamsterus, aka Newtie, went to the rainbow bridge today. He passed very peacefully at the vets. I had to take him there to help him on his way as he was clearly in pain and suffering. He actually left us a few days earlier I think, when he came to the cage door to come out, and wasn't out very long and clearly not very well in himself. I see that as his goodbye. After that he was in his nest mostly but still coming out for his food. However I could see he was in pain and made the only decision possible. He was also very bloated and any delay could have caused him a traumatic death if anything had burst.

He was the grand age of almost two and a half years and still had the most beautiful fur - no fur loss at all. He started to decline quite quickly recently.

Play well darling boy - my little hoover who would eat anything and loved his food like no other hamster we have had.

He was an amazing character and very independent and funny. He had his arm tunnel trick and his "I'll sneak in the kitchen when she looks away" trick. Very mischievous and cheeky and he brought great joy to our family and was very much part of the family.

Here he is in his prime

Attachment 49027

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote