View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 04:19 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Odd looking hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Ohhhhh, I like the Coke bottle idea, Ria. I couldn't imagine how it was being used so I was glad to see a picture. Are you going to post a picture of your bin cage when finished?
Hamsters a great pets and full of character, something i've discovered quite late in life, i'm in my 60's.

I also enjoy setting up their little worlds and feel sad when i see parents in petshops buying their kids hamsters with tiny cages to house them in. They mean well and don't know any better so i don't blame them.

I had this idea to make a small bin cage (70cmx40cm) aimed at children then advertise it for sale because a cage that size must still be better than a tiny one from the petshop or to make a quirky one from recycled materials like the coke bottle etc.

Not sure if my idea is morally wrong though. Creating small set ups i mean. I think i'll make up the one i've got and if it doesn't sell there's nothing lost. If it does sell i'll go to Ikea for the next project and get their S..forgot the name, bin which is a good size.

My OH is convinced that i'm not going to sell any bin cages because i'll put another homeless hamster in it!!

Can i see a photo of your Syrian hamster please?
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote