View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 02:03 AM  
Phoebe05
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help... I’m new to this:)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
You are lucky that Freddie stands on his hind legs and listens to you. My Syrian Henry usually turns round and shows me his bum when i talk to him.

You can use any container for a sandbath and see if he likes it. Henry's is a small enamel pie dish and Robo Gordon has a glass pie dish from my kitchen.

My Syrian likes to be out of his cage once or at most twice a week and isn't keen on handling either. He tries to run off and explore when i try to pet him. He was also nervous at first and so was i!

Your experience with your hamster sounds very normal to me and it can take months for them to completely trust their human friends. It's a learning process for both of you and i'm glad you are on this forum to share.

I'd love to see a photo of Freddie. Hamsters are so cute.
Hiya, thankyou for your reply! It means a lot!
Freddie sounds the same to me as your hamster! He wants to explore loads too rather than being held lol! Maybe I should stop worrying about getting him out everyday then, I worry and get stressed so much over him. I’ve cried over him many times!😅 I will post a picture when I can for you, he is adorable! I’d love to see your little darling too! I’m not sure how to post pictures on here, it keeps saying my picture is too big😂x
Phoebe05 is offline   Reply With Quote