View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 05:23 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Dwarf hamster in tiny cage

I agree with GhostsinSnow, there are far worse cages on sale and keep in mind that you can offer your hamster a far better life than living in a really small tank in the pet shop.

If your parents don't budge you have to make the best with what you've got and believe me, it isn't as bad as you think.
You can add things for your hamster that don't cost much like a cardboard toilet roll to hide and run through, a cardboard tissue box with the bottom bit cut out so it sits on the substrate and she can make a nest. Put in as much substrate as you can and tear some plain white toilet paper into strips for nesting material. You can make a swing from an egg box and a bit of rope. Toys and puzzles with seeds hidden in them you can make from cardboard etc. Have a look on youtube.
Enjoy your hamster and don't feel bad for her because you're doing all you can. Your parents may even come round to your way of thinking once they see how much enjoyment your little hamster gives you.
When i was a kid my mother nearly had a fit when i came home with a guinea pig. Well, that guinea pig ended up one spoilt piggy who lived in the kitchen and sat on my mother's lap every evening totally ignoring me.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote