View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:03 AM  
Bosse_Hamsterdam
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Ragna - coaxing and spot cleaning

I don't really have any advice, but I do have a similar problem. Bosse the syrian hamster has been with us for two weeks now and he is a burrower just like Ragna. Also, he likes to sleep in and doesn't get out until midnight. So the middle of the night is when I do the taming, which is moving forward somewhat (he takes treats from my hand and is in general curious of me!), but it's exhausting to get up in the middle of the night. Also, since we are still building up trust, the last thing I want to do is ruin his burrows while he is right there "watching". But surely there must be pee in there, since he only recently started using his sand bath for toilet purposes. So at some point I need to get in there...

I'm thinking that I should try to get him into his carrier so that I can do the cleaning in peace the first time. But I'll wait another week or so. Could you try that with Ragna? Put a tube from where he pokes his nose out, with som treats in it, and then hope he moves into the tube so you can lift him out? And then clean?
Bosse_Hamsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote