View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 07:46 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: HELP!! My hamster has lost interest in me ☹️

I found that my hamster doesn't like his play pen but seems to like running around on my bed and climbing over me, listening to different sounds etc. Something you can try too. The first time on my bed he froze so i put him back and waited a few days and then he was fine.

I also hamster proofed a room and let him explore in there. He runs down my legs, i catch him, he's off again and then eventually runs off my legs. Bit of a game we play.

He never asks to come out of his cage and won't go into a mug to get lifted out.

So at 21.00 i check his toilet, if he's tired or asleep i leave him be but sometimes he starts to climb out of his house and i can pick him up. What follows after depends on his mood. If he doesn't want to be out he'll sit and sulk and i put him back but if he wants to be out he'll sniff and gets active. I don't know what he wants until i get him out but have learned that he only wants to come out twice a week or so. I used to make the mistake and took him out too often then wondered why he tried to kick me when i tried to pick him up. Takes a while to get to know a hamster.

I think some hamsters aren't the cuddly type and we have to try other ways to pet them.

Does he have a Whimzee to chew on? They like them.

Sunflower seeds in their shell are well liked by hamsters and can tempt them out of their house.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote