View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: HELP!! My hamster has lost interest in me ☹️

Nah, don't think your hamster has gone off you because i have a male Syrian like yours.

My Henry likes his own company best, gets up to do his hamster thing after i've gone to bed, sulks in his play pen, he's lovely when he's not in a grump and my interactions with him depend on what mood he's in. He's funny because he's a little character with very expressive body language.

He barricades his door to keep me out but quickly appeared when i put a bit of my breakfast boiled egg into his egg cup by his house this morning. Scoffed the lot, not even a glance of appreciation in my direction but back to bed with his door shut.

Chunky Smallz blocks himself in to keep thieves (you) out who break in and steal his hoards. He pees in all rooms as a deterrent and to mark his property. He got to know you and now he's suspicious of you, lol. Don't take it personal, hamsters don't hold grudges, i think.

I'd install a corner toilet with some pee'd on substrate in it. Henry uses the Rodipet ceramic one. I'd cut back on the cleaning because their nest is very precious to a hamster and they do not like human hands fiddling with them too often.
About 21.00 i open the small section of Henry's house roof to check his toilet and clean it if needed. The nest i only visually check once a week or less. Touching the nest should be avoided as much as possible.

I'll let you know tonight how i get my somewhat unsociable hamster out of his cage to interact with him but now i have to go to work...
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote