View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 04:48 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Syrain Hamster Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Could you put the base of the small cage inside the big cage so the nest stays intact and the hamsters can move themselves? Then leave them be for a couple of days to settle in aside from supplying food and water of course.

I don't know about hamster babies but have read that people can gradually start handling them from two weeks onwards.

Hopefully one of the members in the know will respond soon. You could also phone a breeder or hamstery and ask for advice.
That's a really good tip and I actually tried it myself when helping my hamster to transition from a small cage to a big one. Silly me, why didn't I think of this. Yes, Ria has an excellent suggestion here that you should totally try, if viable.

For me, I placed my entire small cage inside a big one and kept the door to the small cage open, so that my hamster can explore at its own pace. You can leave the small cage in there for the next two weeks or so. If done correctly, your hamsters won't feel stressed at all. You are so wise, Ria!
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote