View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:19 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: feeding/hoard advice

I can't quite visualize what his cave, the magazine holder on its side looks like or how big it is.

Could you put a toilet inside his cave with some pee'd on substrate so he'd use it?

Personally, i don't think you give him enough time to eat from his hoard and he may pee on it to mark it as his property.

I give my hamster his food incl fresh food in the evening around 21.00 then leave him to it and spot clean the following evening before i feed him again. That way he has his hoard during the night and the next day because he eats from his hoard during the day without having to leave the house he sleeps and hoards in
He has a corner toilet in his house which he uses. I'm lucky that he's a very tidy hamster and chucks any leftover or unwanted food in his toilet. All i need to do when i spot clean in the evening before i feed him is to remove and empty the toilet.

It's unusual for a Syrian to get his food mid afternoon because they sleep (and eat from their hoards) during the day and gather food at night.

I've only had a hamster since March so people with more experience may have better ideas.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote