View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 AM  
Laylabean
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Rash (?) On dwarf hamster-- urgent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vierville View Post
Hello. I'm sorry to hear about Hermes' problem.

It sounds like it may be mites? Their skin is pink however and I know that on my three, in the places under their chest where their legs meet their body, the fur often parts when they stand up with their front feet on the bars and it is very noticeable.

The treatment for mites involves a series of injections, usually four I believe and takes around a month.

My vet only charged me for the initial consultation and thereafter the price of the injection which was only around £5.00 each time.

My suggestion is to monitor the hair loss...it might just be that you noticed a spot where the fur is parted that you're not familiar with. If it looks like its still there next time you check or it gets worse then maybe take little Hermes to the vet.
When researching about what could be happening the first thing that came up was mites, but it also said there would be scratching and discomfort which Hermes is doing or showing neither.

I hope that it might be a place I've just never seen before, because he is a fluffy guy but it seemed so abnormal. My current main hope is that it is just old age hair loss of some sort. <3
Laylabean is offline   Reply With Quote