View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 05:17 AM  
Sancerree
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My new Robo - whats going on?Is this normal? Help for new owner please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Minutes View Post
I love your set-up! You say you are a new owner, but you really have done your homework on preparing such a lovely home for her, it looks nice and comfortable. I was worried about my Robo not drinking either, so even though she has 24 hours access to the bottle, I manually feed my Robo water from the bottle every evening as a safety precaution.

I'm glad for you, it's so lovely when they start to trust you. I'm new to this too, and my Robo is going through a slight setback (she used to be tame enough for me to stroke at least, but now I don't know why she doesn't even want my hand anywhere near her), so I must say I am pretty envious of you. Do keep us updated on her antics!
I love to hear advice/experience from fellow new Robo owner! Thank you for sharing. I do think with them there is a lot of ups and downs, unfortunately, they are very specific breed and we have to respect that.

In the morning I was very happy, but at night there was a bit of a downside I guess.

Kora slept pretty much all day and around 11 pm we decided to 'look for her' in the bedding and try to do some taming in the bathroom. We don't have a bathtub but I prepared a blanket on the floor, took some of her toys, tunnels etc. from the cage, treats and a water bottle. We took her there while she was in one of her hideouts since she didn't seem interested in taking treats from hand this time. In the bathroom, while she was still sitting in her hideout I tried to give her a bit of water bottle but that evidently scared her and she runs out. Our bathroom is rather small but she didn't stay in the designated area for her play but decided to run around nervously. I feel like it was a horrible mistake from my side to not let her leave hideout first when she feels like it... So what would happen since then she would run around so fast we couldn't catch her, she would ignore all treats or like special treats (fresh veggies) and in general seem very stressed. Then she would stop and clean herself like nothing is happening, and then continue running. She runs on my legs and arms as well, and unfortunately when I tried to catch her she run up my arm and I'm assuming there wasn't enough grip since I had a short sleeve on and she fell onto the blanket on the floor. It wasn't super high fall but for such a small creature it definitely was a lot and honestly, it broke my heart and made me feel so bad that something could happen to her. She didn't show any signs that anything is wrong and continued running around. Then at some point, she stopped near my boyfriend and sat on the memory foam shower matt (must have been super soft for her feet) and he tried to give her water bottle again, and she took it and drank quite a lot - must really have been thirsty. After that, he tried to pet her while she was sitting, and she let him for quite a bit. I tried to pet her too but when she got to my side of the bathroom she would just try to run along the door and try to run up on them and wouldn't let me pet her (she hates me now ). Then we took her back to the cage and she went to do a sploot in her tunnel, must have been exhausted from all this running. I set alarm for 3 am again to see if for sure she is alright and she was awake near her wheel and seemed okay. In the morning we couldn't find her in the bedding again, but finally she revealed and seemed fine as well.

I'm a bit confused now and I think that I must have been very lucky that morning that she sat on my hand and was eating seeds - because probably she was hungry and maybe didn't have much in pouches so that's why she did it. In other times she doesn't seem to be interested by seeds/treats. And perhaps I need to let her be for a couple of days before attempting another bathroom taming (If at all..)
Sancerree is offline   Reply With Quote