Thread: Meet Ragna
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 04:17 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Meet Ragna

Ragna has had his cage adjusted and will post pictures on his other thread (Ragna’s cage set up) and will pop the video of me releasing him into his cage.

I was in the process of removing the substrate in the corner to fit his new shoebox house which is a bit bigger and was thinking to myself that Ragna had caught a Saudia flight out of the country without an exit re-entry visa when all of a sudden he popped out of the corner. The substrate was on 13 inches in that corner and he had made life in the depths of that corner. No wonder he was happy to surface only when necessary. I used a mug to coax him into his travel box so I could finish off making adjustments. I made a video of releasing Ragna and will link it when I’ve put it on YouTube.

He was very calm when he climbed into the mug and burrowed in his travel box and snoozed while I was busy. He is looking so well. His eyes are bright and his nose is clear. He has also dropped that fat he had from eating a diet consisting mainly of corn filler. He is still nice and round but he is looking healthier and he was really calm. I felt bad disrupting him but it’s necessary to intervene and make adjustments so keep things under control as far as cleaning and seeing him regularly to check for health issues etc. He moved in and out of the mug so sweetly which is a good start - yay! Can’t wait to share the video with you of him going into his new house...really was great seeing him. I left a cucumber for him to nibble and when I checked it was gone.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote