Thread: Euthanasia?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 10:49 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Euthanasia?

The cats are a very heated topic amongst the residents. Up until now I didn’t get involved, I simply enjoyed my cats in the comfort of our home. Some residents pretend no strays exist, while others complain they shouldn’t be roaming stray which I agree with, others pity them from afar then you have those who feed them minimal amounts and dont get them fixed. Like a I said...if it was another country with wildlife and weather that varies I would not have worried how much they were feeding but here it’s the only form of food they get and they living in hell.

Serendipity and 10 minutes have a valid point...we could work on finding them reliable homes. People like us who gravitate to forums are different thinkers. We gravitate to forums because we are secure within ourselves to acknowledge we need to learn more. Choosing ignorance is a dangerous game to play. I’m unfortunately afraid that I won’t find like minded people to take over the cats when we have to leave. I sold a horse to a friend before leaving my home country on the condition the horse was never put into foal. This person promised and I trusted she would be cared for. Months later I found a photo of her skin and bone with a foal. I’m truly afraid of other people not doing what is right. It’s something we are thinking about though.

Serendipity also mentioned starting up a charity and created more awareness. It’s so needed here. There is a belief here that putting animals down isn’t a good idea. They simply relocate the animals into the desert - that’s awfully cruel. I would be very much up for the challenge but to be honest it’s a little scary this side of the world. They are trying to get rid of foreigners...my position here isn’t in jeopardy because I don’t take away a locals job but it’s tense.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote