Thread: Euthanasia?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Euthanasia?

Thanks for the support and feedback. I really appreciate it. There are three lots of cats. The one lot of cats consists of 3 cats and that owner has agreed to get them fixed (spayed/neutered), the other lot of cats consists of about 6 or so and we have agreed to pay for 4 to be fixed and the feeder has agreed to fix the balance but has said they refuse to continue feeding the cats because I shouted at them for not taking responsibility. Those cats will have to move on. The other lot consist of the mother and her older kitten and then her three new kittens and 5 others. The fact that she has been allowed to reproduce so many times is unacceptable. That feeder will have to get them all fixed. There are about 5 needing.

At the moment we are feeding them all till end of next week. My hubby and I have bought cat pellets that show an average nutritional level so that the feeders have no excuse of not affording to continue and we have measured out scoops and attached the scoops to containers with adult food and then to the kitten food so all the cats in each group are catered for according to their age. The person feeding them while these feeders are away returns next week and can choose to continue with what we are doing - we feed twice a day instead of once a day and feed according to what each cats needs on the bag so they have enough food. We will then wait to see what happens when those two feeders come back from their holiday.

If the kittens get dumped on our doorstep out of spite or whatever we will then make the decision. I’ve had a crazy idea...do you think people in the UK....USA is quite far from us...would want to adopt the cats when we final exit? We could pay for half their airfare. I wonder if there are people out there who would want to give a cat in need a home all the way from the Middle East?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote