View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:47 PM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Running Around Biting Everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyMintMocha View Post
Since she's only been here about 8 days, I haven't done any cleaning at all yet, to allow her to establish her scent. But the plan for the future, as with my other hamsters, is only removing particularly nasty bedding when needed, and a "full clean" once a month, but placing some of the old scented bedding back into the the cleaned enclosure.

As for scents, again, I haven't cleaned anything yet, and nothing was sprayed in the room or anything. (When I do clean I generally just rinse with water.)

Nothing new really happened either. I gave her a new hide a few hours prior, but she had already explored it and seemed to like it. The moment she started going berserk was shortly after me and my sister fed her and Miko, but I don't see why that would bother her since I have my hands in the cage and feed her regularly.
Did you change the order of feeding that day? Did you maybe feed Mike first and their scent was on your hands or something? Did you or your sister change deodorant or perfume? What were you handling before you fed them. Was there not something on your hands that tasted yukky and your hamster was trying to get rid of the taste?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote