View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 06:42 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Harry Hamster or Bunny HamsterDream Basic?

Yes the Rodipet mixes are organic So no GM. However it still has to be eaten! When I used Harry Hamster, it would all be taken/pouched. When I use Rodipet and Bunny, masses is left and there is a lot of selective feeding.

Views on Harry Hamster vary, but I think it's a good basic diet and way better than stuff sold by pet shops generally. It may not have the quality of ingredients of better mixes, but hamsters do seem to enjoy it and it meets their basic dietary needs and has syrian sized pieces. I quite like it actually! Hamsters seem to like the taste and smell. I prefer using the Rodipet and Bunny for the variety of protein sources and the organic factor, but an awful lot gets left, so I supplement a lot with fresh food. An all in one mix can be quite important for a new owner and HH has variety unlike Science Selective which is just a pelleted all in one mix. Although hamsters seem to really like that too!

So - if you have the time to work things out and can supplement well then a better quality food mix can be good. If you just want to make sure the hamster gets the nutrients required and not make mistakes or don't like working things out with percentages etc, then Harry Hamster is ok and supplement with fresh food for treats and variety rather than essential nutritional reasons.

I have to say I have worried using the Rodipet and Bunny mixes with lower protein percentages, that enough protein is actually being regularly taken and ended up adding the odd science selective pellet every few days as well, just in case.

I use the junior rodipet one because our syrian won't eat the senior one at all - it has a lot more herbs in.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote