View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:51 PM  
Merle
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How to enrich the cage of a hamster who hates my guts..?

Soo, to clear that up: I have hemp mats similar to felt? No fabric. English isn't my native language, so sorry for that confusion.

As I'm living in Germany I'm pretty annoyed by all the Germans who proud themselves on the best hamster care possible because they must spend hundreds of Euros on stuff that's basic in other countries. Money that I sadly don't have.
I can't get any other substrates than wood based ones. I use "Allspan" as many German hamster forums suggest which is normally used for horses which are prone to allergies.
I've tried to get paper based bedding but that's way to expensive for the amount I need in my cage. If anyone knows of websites that have adequate pricing, please let me know! I'd love to have some variaty in bedding materials!

For hanging toys from the ceiling: Yes, the top is meshed but the cage is very tall. A few hammocks work (but again they are made of fabric which is debatable) but other than that I haven't found anything. So I'm open for any tips and recommendations!
I always liked these Sputnik houses but they would be flush to the top of the cage which would be too high for a hamster to reach or let alone jump out of

Thanks a lot for all of your tips so far!
Merle is offline   Reply With Quote