Thread: Road to Ragna
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 05:49 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Road to Ragna

I wanted to ask everyone's advice...

I have been scanning the adverts posted in the area I live relating to adopting and animals and the hamsters available were already adopted or the people advertising couldn't speak English. I wanted to avoid petshops or souqs (animal markets) at all costs. I know one is giving the hamster a good home but one is supporting these set ups.

Has anyone ever been to a South East Asian or Middle Eastern animal souq(market)? It's something you wouldn't believe unless you witnessed it for yourself. There is a market in Bangkok Thailand called Chatuchak which is a market selling anything and everything and is something like 5 football fields big. In a big portion of this market is the animal section. You have never seen anything like it in your life!

I have tracked down an animal souq in my area. You can buy lions, monkeys, crocodiles, flying squirrels and I have no doubt masses of hamsters. Do I take the notion of going to this souq in the baking heat of the desert summer and save a soul or do I stick to the Petshop and save a soul there?

What does everyone think?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote