View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:50 AM  
Jamieking86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Miserable Hamster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I have a hamster like that. Henry creeps about when i'm near his cage probably worrying that i'll take him out of his cage. He's not overly keen on out of cage time, doesn't seek human company or affection, he doesn't play with toys and waits till we are in bed to come out of his house to do his hamster thing. He goes on his wheel which i have to wipe once a week because he seems to get sweaty paws from running, his sand bath is usually a mess in the morning from digging in and he's found all hidden foods. He likes his cage setup and never bar chews so he's content. He is an adorable, unsociable little git, lol.
Haha so it's not just Frankie then that doesn't like us? Lol, other times though he's adorable but whenever we put him in his playpen with a load of toys, hidden treats etc he just doesn't seem to enjoy it. He either stays in his house with his roof on and sits their miserable or chews the bars, he likes his ball more than anything but after 10-15 mins he starts to chew his ball so we put him back in his cage.

Funnily enough i've just been reading your comments from December 2018 about holding and picking up your hamster, are you able to do so now? I made a thread this morning explaining we've had him 2 and a half month and haven't been able to hold him yet. Whenever we try, he runs off in the opposite direction, we put treats on the palm of our hands but he's not interested. I have tried picking him up from above even though it says not to do this but he just scurries off and i don't want to grab too hard and hurt him. Although I read on that thread the way to pick him up is to pretend he's a mouse (and keyboard mouse) and pick him up from above? Which i've read not to do, so i'm in a pickle.
Jamieking86 is offline   Reply With Quote