View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:42 PM  
Jamieking86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Miserable Hamster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammies4ever_69 View Post
Hello

I have a Syrian male hamster, Humphrey (Mr H for short) and he's about 6 mths old.

He's housed in a Savic Sky Metro cage which I believe is very similar to the Savic Hamster Heaven that you have.

Perhaps you may wish to consider to remove the tubes & pent house as Mr H used to hoard his fd, sleep, poop & pee in there. He was loosing fur around his neck and shoulder area and his fur looks damp at times. Although he was still eating, drinking and using his wheel....he din look too happy. He was also chewing the bars slightly. I was concerned abt his hair loss, bar chewing and mostly the unhygienic condition in the tubes.

Have since removed the tubes abt 1 wk ago and am pleased to see tat his fur loss seems to have improved and although he was stressed for abit at 1st, he has gotten use to no tubes now.

I have added platforms, toys and chews for him and he seems happier now and dun chew the bars much anymore.

Hope this helps....

Cheers!
I did think of removing his tubes but he seems to love it in their on his way to the penthouse, So i didn't want to upset him.

Everything seems to have gone back to normal now anyway. He's sleeping in his house again which i am delighted about as it was really worrying me, he just doesn't seem to want to play with anything. We've got him alsorts of chews, see saw, a big wheel, toys and we hardly ever see him play with any. When he gets up at 8pm ish he just usually sits inbetween his block and his house at the back of the cage until we go to bed, then he comes out. Is this normal or does he not like us? lol
Jamieking86 is offline   Reply With Quote