View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 PM  
CharlieHamHam
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My new hammy screamed at me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonmcn View Post
It is weird that he would scream when nothing is happening but they do have different senses that we do and maybe it was a smell or a sound that spooked him? If it's just a one-off I would keep an eye on him but not jump to any conclusions.

They generally do drink very little anyway. He is probably just doing it when you're not around and if he has bottle and bowl you wouldn't hear him drinking from the bowl. He wouldn't still be around if he hadn't been drinking since last week tho so he definitely is! He won't be starving himself either, they eat about a tablespoon every day or two so again that's not a lot. But you can try him with fresh veg or oats or bread or peanuts to tempt him, just so you know he's getting something, for your own peace of mind. Tasty things are good for taming too.
Thanks! I will feed him more fresh food, but I have another question about that. I have been reluctant to feed him food that can rot in his cage because he will usually nibble on it and hide it. Then, I can’t find it. I don’t want him to go back to wherever he hid it and eat the rotten veggie and get sick. Any opinions?
CharlieHamHam is offline   Reply With Quote