View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 AM  
merlin
Newborn Pup

Default Calci-worms (or worms in general)

Hi fellow Ham-parents,

My little Arthur is almost 2 years old. I feed him home-cooked or raw fresh food 2 times daily and keep a balanced nutrition that way, supplemented by Sunburst and Oxbow Garden Select which is in a ceramic bowl for him at all times. I always love letting him try new things, and it's very exciting for him too. It's his birthday soon and I would love to get him something brand-new and nutritious. I'm wondering if anyone has advice/recommendations/insight regarding the dried worms from Exotic Nutrition (or worms in general): https://www.exoticnutrition.com/Prod...oz__332EN.aspx

Arthur has never tried worms, and gets his animal protein (so important for hammies) from chicken, beef, salmon, eggs, and sometimes milk. He loves all of these, especially beef, eggs, and milk.

I am wondering about letting him try worms, which are more in line with the hamster diet in the wild, and wondering what you all think and what advice you could give me.

Thank you so much.
Mike (aka Merlin)

P.S. I have attached a recent photo of my little King Arthur with some "Boredom Breakers" that I made him with raw walnut half shells filled with a mixture of flour, seeds, walnut pieces, and water, and baked slightly until hardened. These are his favourite toy at night when he's out and about.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.12.49 AM.png (152.1 KB, 22 views)
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote