Thread: Philomena
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:36 AM  
Hope
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Philomena

Thank you all for all the lovely comments. Even though i hoped it wouldn't happen she has unfortunately begun to chew the little recesses in the cage and I know it won't take her long to get out. I think it's that they were partially chewed before as she has only attacked the ones that were already started. I've never caught her chewing at them but they are getting worse so I have blocked off the areas with bendy bridges and that seems to be keeping her at bay for now untill I can get the tank cleaned and try to fashion a lid. I will do a sepealrate post asking for help and advice with this!

We had our first taming session last night and she did very well (me not so!) We had her in the bath with a few toys and manged to get her to step out onto our hands but I wasn't brave enough to pick her up fully. She is quite skitty but know that will calm down with time. And so will I hopefully! I was stupidly nervous about it! Think I've lost my edge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ooh she is gorgeous! She looks cheeky and active. Lovely colouring! I'm not up on colourings but I'm sure someone else will be Maybe she'd like a shoebox house if she's looking for nesting places? I tend to put large houses in with a bendy bridge over the door to mimic a burrow, as I got fed up with stinky underground burrows ha ha. They tend to use it if it's dark inside. But maybe she is happy with the leaf toy It's very nice.
Thank you. Yes she has fully moved in now under her leaf and has an almighty mound of bedding and substrate all around it it must have taken her hours so I think she is happy. I can lift the leaf up still to check on her so it's working ok for now. Why she doesn't want a proper house I don't know but each to their own I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Aaaw, she looks happy in her new home. I laughed at your story because i never heard the expression 'high tailed it' before. It's so funny and makes sense in the hamster world. What kind of hamster is Philomena? Love the name too.
Haha. Yes it was a rather appropriate expression!! Didn't realise when I wrote it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souffle View Post
aww what a lovely hamster. I'm not sure of her colour. My guess would be some sort of grey dominant spot. What age is she?
They couldnt give me an exact age but I don't think very old, between and 4 and 6 months. Maybe she was sold but then for some reason came back and was put in the adoption bit but they didn't give me much information about her at all.