View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 07:59 PM  
rowan22
Hamster Pup

Default Re: chewed through cage base!!

Hi all, sorry for the late reply I've just got back from work and checked on her, she's asleep and so far the coconut house in the way has been a success - actually there is something that could possibly be stressing her out in her set up, she has the 28cm trixie wheel so its deffo big enough for her but the bloody thing is kinda faulty, it sort of leans so it hits the stand if you know what i mean? i think its a common thing with the trixie ones. It does still spin and she does run on it but I imagine its not as smooth as it could be and it means she has to stop/slow down every few seconds. I have been thinking of replacing it but I don't want to buy another faulty one as ive heard a few people saying they have the same problem. Though I guess if i order another i know what to look out for regarding it being faulty and can just keep sending them back until i get one that works - I'll order a new one for her now. I'll post a photo of the set up (and the hole) tomorrow to see if theres anything else wrong with it. I dont know if shes bothered by open space too much - but I'll try your suggestion! she has a lot of shelves etc to provide 'shelter' but ill see if putting a book on it helps.
I'll have a look at that link now thank you so much!
Well, incidentally she was in her travel cage for a couple of hours today but i noticed the hole yesterday before that happened, prior to that there were no changes at all to the environment.
I usually scatter her food anyway - as you said shes a very energetic hamster so anything to keep her occupied i already do! ill put more tissue in tomorrow for her also. Going to head to the DIY store tomorrow to find some wood just to be safe.
Thank you for all your suggestions i feel a lot less panicked now, hopefully its an issue that can be rectified!! I'll update with pics of the cage tomorrow and any further solutions (or problems lol)
rowan22 is offline   Reply With Quote