View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 03:22 AM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: Meet Ghost-The Ghost Files

So Ghost being Ghost decided to eat all his food last night..! He is an awkward cuss at times, but I still had to give him a Hamster sponge bath as he was all messy again on his under side.

Now for the sad part, Ghost has been diagnosed with an abdominal Tumour/Mass/Growth/Cancer delete as you see fit, it is between his spleen and stomach the vet said that as he was still a happy Ham and very bright eyed and still using me as a climbing frame he climbed up me and sat on my shoulder to look at the vet that he still had some good times ahead of him , but he will be receiving Palliative care from now on, I have made some changes to his cage so it is easier for him etc.
He is also a little scabby/dry skin around his scent glands which the vet puts down to hormonal changes probably due to the cancer also he is going slightly thin in the fur dept on his back, again this is likely to be due to the same hormonal changes.
I have some pics to download from my phone so will get that done and post them up as haven't done that for a while.
It is only writing this that I now feel somewhat saddened as this will be the second Hammy of ours that has had cancer..
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote