Thread: Corner digging
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:02 PM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Corner digging

Is this for a Syrian ham. The cage seems ok, decent amount of bedding you could even add more to be honest. But the size could well be a problem especially if it is for a Syrian. It's about the smallest size you'd want really. I'd try more enrichment first, that'll give him more to do as well as add more cover. Open spaces tend not to go down well. I reckon you can put more items in - things like the see saw aren't the best nor are toys made out of that kind of wood generally. Things such as cork tunnels or grapevine (zooplus do both) are some of my favourites, very natural and the hams love them. Interesting textures and they can climb over or under them. More bendy bridges, hides, perhaps even a level or two, tunnels and things like that. If this is for a Syrian that looks like a 6.5 inch wheel which is much too small, it would need replacing with a 11-12" one. If it's for a dwarf it's likely also on the small side. A good sized wheel really is essential and often after upgrading you'll find they spend more time on there as it's more comfortable for them.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote