View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: How get Syrian used to being held?

Maybe the way we wake our hamster affects their response. As I said before, when mine's rolled up and in a deep sleep I leave him be. Mostly he wakes when I make a bit of noise like a gentle tap on his roof and lift part of his roof off. I wait till he yawns and stretches then stroke him for a while. Sometimes he wants a snack first. Just now at 16.00 I held a piece of green bean in front of his nose which got him up and moving and then picked him up. He ate the bean sitting on my hand which is a first in itself. Then i did the lift and lay exercise which seems fine by him. I do 10 reps and count along so he can hear my voice. Soon as he gets restless I let him go back in his cage. Souffle's method works amazingly well. All we need to do is apply it and amend it to suit our hamsters. I don't think there is a step by step hamster taming manual because they ain't no washing machine. Well, that's the way I see it.
SOUFFLE, can we see a photo of your little diva Treacle please...unless she's a client of course, data protection and all that.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote