View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 PM  
onionpowder
Newborn Pup

Default Kidney failure, Diabetes or just old age?

I am just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this with their hamster:

I brought my 2 year old dwarf hamster (suspected winter white hybrid) to the vet last week as he has gotten very skinny, has lost all his fur on his tummy and legs and sometimes seems very wobbly/unsteady on his feet.

The vet concluded that even though he is 'on the skinny side', it is probably just old age creeping up on him and that since he is still eating, drinking and playing i should just continue to do whatever it is i do with him.

But tonight i had him (the hamster, not the vet..) in bed with me, as i often do, and he peed a load of blood. it wasnt a little or very diluted, it was a full, bloody pee. There was no change in his behaviour other than that he was even more affectionate than he normally already is and he didnt seem to be in pain although he got really active just after this happened.

I know i need to bring him back to the vet and i am not quite sure why i am posting this, maybe im just hoping somebody had a similar experience which turned out quite harmless?!
onionpowder is offline   Reply With Quote