View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 04:47 AM  
Jin
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Alaska or Hamster Heaven?

My Syrian hamster is currently in a hamster heaven. However, I've just bought the barney today on zooplus.

The hamster heaven plastic shelves etc look great (which is why I originally bought it) but I've ve since discovered they are far less than ideal. They don't represent a hamsters natural habitat and I ended up taking it all out. When the external tubes were fitted my hamster would basically live in them and never came out. She peed in the tubes and even slept in them. She currently sleeps in the plastic penthouse but she pees in there too and I'm forever having to clean it out. I've just added a large shoe box on top of substrate in the corner of her cage with some of her old nesting material in the hope that she abandons her nest in the penthouse because I've since learnt that borrowing down is far better for them and she was much more sociable before I added the penthouse to the top of her cage (wish I never had). I've also had to move stuff around so many times in order to be able to fit everything in as Syrians need much bigger houses, wheels and toys. To save yourself time and money in the long run and your hammy less stress, get the barney hamster cage which is the same price as the heaven but much more useful in terms of space. I wish I'd done my research first and got the barney in the first place. I've wasted so much money and probably stressed my hster outmoving stuff around and of course now I'm going to have to move her again because the penthouse is crap and the cage is too small.

Last edited by Jin; 04-14-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote