View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 04:25 PM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Herb and food advice

In the UK you should be able to get good mixes have you tried Mixerama, Getzoo or Rodipet? They are complete mixes most of them so you won't need to do a lot of supplementing. The ones in the petshops are all pretty bad unfortunately. I also wouldn't think too much about herbs as although they are ok to give (not sure about peppermint or rosemary) it's best in small portions & not very often. Herbs can be quite strong smelling so I generally don't give fresh ones. Dried herbs and flowers have gone down quite well with my dwarfs but that's more for foraging in than anything. As mentioned the JR farm herbs & plants are quite good, I think the ones I'm using now are called Field Herbs but they do a lot of different ones. They're better than most of the rosewood ones. Dried veg I'm not too sure, Rodipet do some (broccoli) but to be honest all my hams have preferred it fresh so again it's not something I'd really worry about - it would only be a treat occasionally. If you're giving fresh veg daily there won't be a problem.

Last edited by mangoandmimi; 04-05-2019 at 04:30 PM.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote