View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 04:27 PM  
megzo
Newborn Pup

Smile Re: Advice on new Syrian hamster, am i doing ok?

Serendipity7000
thank you so much for the reassurance, i genuinely really needed it she's gradually started to explore and has made it to the second floor and confidently goes up though i do need to find some more 'entertainment' to add in up there. she doesn't excessively use her wheel as much anymore and has settled in nicely building herself a cozy little nest in her house <3 she has stopped climbing the bars as much and i do think she was mainly doing so as she hadn't worked out the ramp to the second floor platform which she now has and loves. i've made it routine to check the cage before i sleep (usually when shes becoming more active) for anything that could pose a risk and so far so good! she's created an area where she goes to the toilet and tends to go to clean, i've heard that if they clean/stretch/yawn infront of you it's a good sign and she is doing all of them which makes me super happy i apologise i dont currently have a photo of her cage but judging by the measurements i took before buying it doesn't pose a risk. i'm also considering saving for an aquarium when she is more settled and i am able to afford it, i hadn't heard much about them previously as i'm from the uk but they seem like a good idea! thank you so much for all the help and tips, i feel much more reassured now <3

Last edited by souffle; 03-29-2019 at 07:27 AM.
megzo is offline   Reply With Quote