Thread: Newt's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 02:07 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Newt's thread

So - we started the free roaming in the living room because Newt seemed to be a bit slower now he is older. Ha! He is not slow in the slightest. He now has a cheeky game. If I look away for him for even a second, he shoots off towards the kitchen door behind the sofa - and he's so fast that he is in the kitchen before I have seen where he has gone.

So the other night when he was out I blocked the gap under the kitchen door with a blanket. Followed Newt around the living room but looked away for literally a second - and he was gone again. Crawled around on my knees looking under the sofa etc and he wasn't there. Waited for him to appear for a minute and he didn't. So I looked in the kitchen and there he was - sitting under the table. Just sitting looking at me as if to say - yah boo sucks I got under the door again.

But he sits there and waits for me and happily lets me pick him up. It was the same the day he went into the room with his cage - he just sat there looking at me.

So it's a game - come and find me! Living room is hamster proofed - kitchen is as well but too many things to get behind if he decided to go there - but I will need to do a bit more as the kitchen door is not hamsterproof even with a blanket stuffed under it!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote