View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

I am so sorry. Is she eating at all now? You could maybe try her with a bit of baby food that she can lick up. The Cow and Gate 4 months Pumpkin and Chicken has always been popular with our hamsters. If she will eat that you could put the pain meds in it so less need to scruff her as often.

She is bound to be stressed after her op and being scruffed etc so she may well be overgrooming. Do you give the Metacam and tramadol at the same time or different times of day? It could be an idea to give the Metacam in baby food - at lunch-time, then put the tramadol out in baby food in the evenings - so she tops up during the day. It may also be impossible to increase the dose of Metacam but you'd need to ask the vet about that. I think if these sores settle down she could pull through.

Any of the 4 months age baby foods are fine as long as they don;t contain onion or tomato or citrus fruit - most of the 4 months ones don't. Grandpa's sunday lunch is popular here too.

I just put a tiny amount of baby food (pea size) - you can use a lid of a baby food jar for it as a separate dish you take in and out - and put the drops of med on it and mix it in a bit (I use a skewer to mix in the tiny amount). Then the jar of baby food keeps a couple of days in the fridge to be used again. Although if you use the lid from the first jar you'd need to put cling film over the jar top.

Anything she enjoys eating is fine. The Dog food is working very well for the Baytril here! I will have a few pouches of it left over as Nugget finishes his Baytril tomorrow - I can post them to you if you want.

Last edited by souffle; 03-18-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote