View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 06:07 PM  
mikatelyn
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I have the hammie version of the guy from Memento

Thanks, Serendipity!
The Critter Nations are modular, so you can get just the one unit on wheels (Model 161),
Critter nation 161.jpeg

a double on wheels(Model 162),
Critter nation 162.jpeg

or unit without wheels (Model 163), which you can mount on top of Model 161 or Model 162.
I have a double, technically a 161 + 163, which looks just like a 162.

I got the idea to get the Critter Nation from youtubers HammyLux, Emma Lynne Sampson, and Pickles Pets. They each have video about using the Critter Nation as a hamster cage.

The shelves each are exactly half of the cage, so he can never fall more than half the height of the cage with my current set up.
Also, it's really hard to tell from the picture, but I have some modifications on the cage to discourage climbing. The back is mostly covered with cardboard, and the sides have about 9 inches along the bottom that has a glass pane (was actually part of my aquarium lid, happened to fit perfectly!) That also keeps the substrate in the cage and he has a digging corner where the substrate is about 9 inches deep. I also put a plastic pane on the front door.
I haven't noticed him climbing after I modified the cage and added both shelves into his unit to limit how far he could fall. I guess he can still climb the sides from the other levels, but I don't think he sees a point to it.
mikatelyn is offline   Reply With Quote