View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:50 AM  
Graciee
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Blood coming from rear end, please help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by souffle View Post
I'm glad she has come through the op. I can't see any benefit in sending it off for pathology as that will be expensive and you likely would just treat her the same anyway whatever it said. We would normally house in a small hospital tank during recovery. Use clean bedding like tissue only as you don't want sand or shavings sticking to her wound. Don't give her a wheel or climbing toys until she has healed up. She may like a miller spray to nibble and a few toilet roll tubes to run through for now. They are better with a water bowl as they struggle to stand up to drink from a bottle if poorly. I;d also offer some soft food like porridge and babyfood as well as her normal mix. The vet should give you some painkillers for her. They can recpver quite quickly. Wishing her well.
Ah thank you They tested a small blob of urine on her and said there were traces of blood in it, I'm hoping it was just contaminated as there was obviously blood all around that area... but carrying on with the baytril for another week anyway and pain meds for 5 days, post op check in 3.

We completely cleaned her tank, she just has a deep layer of carefresh, with a torn up tissue on top and a few kitchen roll tubes, food and water. Going to give her some porridge after her meds in about an hour. Thanks
Graciee is offline   Reply With Quote