View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: I Drew My Nekkid Ham!

It's a lovely drawing I agree with the others about the wheel. 8 to 10" diameter is the absolute minimum size for a Syrian and most people get 11" because they run better in an 11" wheel. In the Us the best wheels for a Syrian are the Carolina Storm wheel which is a 10" diameter bucket wheel (that is fine unless you have a large hamster) or the 12" SilentRunner (that's "Runner" not "Spinner" which is sold by exotic nutrition. 12" is bigger than you need but it's a slim wheel and not bulky. It's also totally silent (as is the Carolina Storm Wheel). There is also the 27cm (11") wodent wheel which is the most compact of the three wheels if space is an issue.

The Silent Runner and Wodent Wheels are both sold by Exotic Nutrition at reasonable prices. The Carolina Storm wheels from their own website.

He would love running in a bigger wheel The run so much better and more easily.

This photo shows the difference between a hamster running in an 8" wheel and an 11" wheel - to show the "running with a straight back" thing. The 11" wheel is on the left - it is more normal running - as if in the wild.

Attachment 47979

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote