View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 03:25 PM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Re: Pyometra Questionnaire

I can't answer most of the questions as I've had quite a few girls with pyo over the years, and such detail is no longer in my mind about the girls.

Here's what I recall.

Bella
Syrian, rescue.
Diagnosed age 17 months. Spayed. Died over 2 years of heart failure. No known litters.

Tia
Syrian, rescue.
Diagnosed age 2. Put to sleep. No known litters. Had mites on arrival, but otherwise healthy. Nervous.

LMK Magenta
Syrian, pedigree.
Had 2 episodes of pyo. I can't recall the ages, but over 1 year. Treated with Galastop, metacam and antibiotics. About 6 months remission first time, and 2-3 months second time. Died over 2 years old (put to sleep due to fitting). No litters.

Delilah
Syrian, rescue foster.
Diagnosed around 3-6 months old. Spayed. Had small lump on wound line which settled. Was rehomed. Not sure of age of death, but lived at least 1 year post-op. No known litters.

Bobbi
Syrian, rescue foster.
Diagnosed on arrival in rescue as a stray. Age unknown. Spayed. Lived 6 -9 months after surgery. Had bowel complications, but surgery was complicated. No known litters. Nervous.

Luna
Chinese, rescue
Diagnosed age 1 year 5 months. Had diabetes also and was put to sleep. No known litters.

Lotus
Chinese, pedigree
I can't recall when she was diagnosed. Treated with antibiotics, metacam and galastop. Put to sleep aged 1 year and 8 months for diabetes complications. One litter.

LMS Olympia
Syrian, pedigree
Diagnosed age 6 months. Spayed. Onset after mating and a phantom pregnancy. Died age 2 years. No litters.

Oceana
Syrian, pedigree
Diagnosed age 2. Treated with antibiotics, metacam and galastop. Died age 2 years and 2 months. One litter.

Arcadia
Syrian, pedigree
Diagnosed 1 year 10 months. Treated with antibiotics, metacam and galastop. Died 1 year 11 months. No litters.

Erzulie
Chinese, pedigree
Diagnosed 1 year. Spayed. Died 1 year 6 months. One litter.

Alabaster
Syrian, pedigree
Diagnosed 1 year 5 months. Spayed. One litter. Still alive and 2 years old.