View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 12:46 PM  
Sutty
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New hamster advice please

Hi thank you for your comments. I spent ages looking for a cage that seemed big enough and interesting , reading leaflets , talking to the shops etc and thought the cage we got would be more than enough and was told that hamsters like climbing so got one he can climb up etc - the pico XL. The first day he seemed so happy and slept out on a shelf without any bedding so I thought that a good sign that he wasn’t worried. Although there was bedding in the bottom of the cage.

Part of the clip that holds the wheel on unfortunately broke yesterday so I’ve asked for a replacement but from since reading comments on this forum that I’ve seen advice on size and styles of cages. Seems wrong that so many cages, toys etc are available if they are not suitable

I’ve been trying to search for a different cage and send this one back , balance what is good for the hamster, what size cage we can fit in a suitable location and also price, I’ve found the Savic heaven on offer which seems to have good comments on here with suggestions to remove the top house and tubes, do you think this would be better suited?

In the mean time do I open the roof of the bed he is in to check he is ok or just try and tempt him out with a treat we haven’t seen him for 3 days also if he won’t come out what is the best way to get him settled in another cage? Even if I take a wood toy tunnel/bridge out I don’t think there is really space to fit a box in
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote