View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 11:06 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Baytril by injection?

Thank you everyone, some really helpful advice there. I guess some depends on the Hamster as well - Charlie was super savvy and picky and wouldn't touch anything that had been tampered with. The vet did acknowledge towards the end of the session, that it might be difficult and I could maybe try the baytril in jelly as well. Her initial thought was food wouldn't work (I had suggested babyfood) as the taste would put them off.

Honey sounds a good idea - and cauliflower cheese baby food. But the honey I could do in the syringe. Except he won't take food from me - too suspicious if there's a hand in the cage. I guess I could try the Metacam in the syringe first to see if he will take the syringe and lick it or run and hide from it!

Nugget takes the teeniest little bites out of his tiny cube of cucumber or a teeny bite or two of blueberry - he doesn't eat the whole thing. Although sometimes next day he'll have another go at the bit of veg - but that would be next day's dose then.

Only tried Metacam in the Syringe once before with Charlie and he slightly investigated the end of the syringe, but when I tried to gently squirt the stuff in he wouldn't go near it afterwards. I found it a bit hard to squirt it gently.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote