View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Cage seems small

Ah I missed the hallway! Sorry for the mistake I thought you meant keeping to the edges of the cage and misread. Anyway I think the changes will help when she gets used to them and sometimes you can distract them out of this if something started it.

Our last Syrian Charlie was never a bar chewer, but became one after we left him somewhere while on holiday. He was constantly bar chewing when we got back and he was in his same cage thoughout! It took two weeks for it to settle. First letting him out a lot, then turning the lights out earlier (he stopped doing it when we left the room and turned the lights out). But what finally stopped it was some changes in the cage. Probably all different reasons - I think he could still smell scents from the previous house so a cage clean actually helped on that occasion. A slight change can distract them or make things better so they calm down a bit

I would either move the hammock to the middle and hang it a bit lower, or leave it there and add another one
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote