View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 PM  
xosunflowerox
Hamster Pup

Default Not using wheel?

So I posted on here about wheel suggestions for my hamster and I decided to get her a Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel. The first night she had it, I saw her trying it out. I went out to check on her a couple of times during the evening and saw her using it. I was really happy since I wasn't sure she would use it. She lived in a small tank with no wheel before I got her.

Last night, I went to bed early, so I'm not certain she used it. There was substrate on the wheel in the evening, and in the morning, it was off the wheel, so I assumed she used it if just a bit.
Tonight she woke up around 8 and each time I check on her, she is sitting in the corner grooming herself. It's 10:30 pm now. I tried to entice her to use the wheel by putting a pumpkin seed on it. She grabbed the treat off, but didn't use the wheel. I kind of thought hamsters were constantly on their wheel when they were awake.

Are there negative health consequences if a hamster doesn't use their wheel? I'm not really sure what I can do to help her...
xosunflowerox is offline   Reply With Quote