View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 04:29 PM  
EmmaAndChester
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Cons of eco habitat?

I honestly wouldn't even go through the trouble of replacing the plexi; it is thin, but I've never been concerned about it giving in, or having a hamster chew it. It typically retails at 60 quid, so I think the english reviews it receives have too high of an expectation for the price haha. It's made out of a light wood and plexi - but it is perfectly stable, and also much easier to move than say something like heavier melamine enclosure (and as a exceptionally weak individual haha, that's something I personally appreciate!). To be perfectly honest with you, I prefer my wooden cage from eBay 100 times over the eco habitat haha. Because the plexi is fixed within a wooden frame on the eBay cage, it has never, ever bowed - compared the eco habitat, where it only just sits in a very shallow slot so pops out and bows with any deep, compact substrate. The only con I have with the eBay cage is that if you have cats, it absolutely must be placed in a room that's inaccessible to them. The lid will give in if any heavy weight (i.e a cat) is placed on the mesh.

Other options would be the Skyline Falco (large size); similar to another enclosure mentioned previously, it appeals to those who like the tank/bar combos. I personally prefer wooden & glass enclosures, but I know everyone has their own preferences.
EmmaAndChester is offline   Reply With Quote