View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 07:26 AM  
Peanutsfamily
Newborn Pup

Default Odd behaviour after escaping

Hi, our little girl peanut escaped on Sunday night, she is a 16 month old Syrian. We found her Monday afternoon, I shouted her name and shook her food bowl and out from under a cupboard she came. She had travelled through four rooms and I expect did allot of running so I put her straight to water which she went crazy for, biting the spout and trying to get as much as possible, she then ate a carrot. Yesterday, Tuesday Peanut seemed fine, she is very tame and is bonded with my eldest daughter, she sits with her peacefully enjoying being petted especially behind the ears but today Wednesday my daughter thought she had died, as she wasn't sleeping in her usual spot and apparently did some jerks like hiccuping. However when we picked her up she was very unsettled even with my daughter she wouldn't stay still and quite flighty so clearly stressed. I gave her a carrot which she loves and normally eats but she pouched it. I don't know what has caused this change. I'm meant to be cleaning her out today but instead we have left her to sleep in case she's just exhausted and ill watch her behaviour later tonight when she's awake, if it's still strange I'll take her to the vet in the morning. But I just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar? Thanks. Oh I should say the cage she escaped from was on the floor so she's dropped down.
Peanutsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote