View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:26 PM  
WorriedMom
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster with Cushing's came down with a cold and isn't recovering

I do see an exotic vet. She's taken super good care of my chinchillas. She wasn't in so I saw the other vet at the clinic and she was wonderful. I will call and ask about the test results. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't helping due tohim having the other type. Thank you, he is a very good boy. The vet and techs would always comment about how gentle and sweet he is. Poor baby always uses his little hands to try and push and wiggle free. He isn't a biter. He's bit me a couple times since he got old confusing my finger for food but I'm more careful with that now that he's having a harder time telling the difference. Before he would lightly grab my finger in his mouth and would realize it wasn't food. And it's heart breaking but when he gets startled cause someone touched him and he wasn't facing them or was sleeping he'll twist around with his belly in front and put his hands up. Reminds me of someone having a gun pointed at them. I could go on and on about how crazy good he is, but he is basically a saint. I've never had an animal SO gentle, kind, and passive where he can do no wrong that I don't think I'll be getting another hamster in the future. He spoiled me rotten. But yea everyone who has interacted with him at the vet has stated that he is special and different from a normal hamster.

Oh! Forgot to say. He drank a few licks from his water bottle and actually walked the the other side of his cage! He would only take a few steps before to get to the corner to pee. I'm floored how much dehydration can do to the body. He's not walking perfectly but he's not tripping anymore.

Does anyone know how long the baby food can out for. He's barely had any but he does like it. I'm gonna take it away and maybe replace it simce it's been out for 3 hrs. I don't feel safe leaving it out any longer.

Last edited by WorriedMom; 02-17-2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
WorriedMom is offline   Reply With Quote