Thread: Good pictures?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 04:13 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Good pictures?

Most people usually have some FOOD somewhere in their hamster shots! Eg something to make the hamster stay still for a few seconds. Or to tempt them to sit in the right place. But by and large I am lucky if I get one decent shot out of 30 too! I don't have that many "good" photos and they're not nearly as good as some other peoples! But I have two or three I was quite pleased with.

This is one shows lighting - I got it when our hamster decided to sit still for about a whole minute. He was sitting on the top/back of the sofa in front of an anglepoise lamp. The lighting was nice - accidentally - because it created a backlight halo effect.

Attachment 47836

This one also shows lighting. It was taken in the afternoon when it was still daylight and the light from the window was on the right of the photo so lights things up nicely. It's an old artists/photographer's trick to have window light on one side - but not actually have the camera pointing at the window. Artists used north facing window light for their effects.

Attachment 47837

But at the end of the day - you need a hamster pulling a good pose in the picture - and a lot of that is luck. I don't spend long doing it as don't want to stress the hamster so sometimes give up and only get a half decent one

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 04:55 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote