View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 12:27 PM  
WorriedMom
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster with Cushing's came down with a cold and isn't recovering

Thank you SO much so responding! I did read the thread. I can't seem to get the vet to put him on vetoryl...I don't know what he was prescribed or if it was vetoryl but she said that he had adverse reactions to it. I had called when he was on it that he was crazy sleepy for a few hours after taking it (but hey opiods can do that too) and his urine output increased. He went back to being alert and urinating less when he stopped the medicine. I'll figure out what medication that was. It started with an m I believe but maybe it was a generic name for vetoryl. This boy is gonna get so much fleece and padding. He should be super comfy. I turned the heater to 73 since going any higher could likely cause problems with heatstroke for my chinchillas. He used to like wandering the room and smelling where they had been and tasting some of the wood left out and using their tunnels and hideways that in for playtime. He also has such cute little hands I've always been holding them between my thumb and index finger when I can't take the cuteness anymore. If you think it's not too late to start the vetoryl then I may take him to my alternate vet to try and get the vetoryl. IF it was vetoryl then should I give it another try? Imo the increased urination was the only thing that really worried me. He would eventually sleep on the sedation that it caused.
WorriedMom is offline   Reply With Quote